CLIA is a mission mode project being executed by a consortium of academic and research institutions and industry partners, and funded by TDIL, Ministry of Information Technology, Government of India.
CLIA was started on 29th August, 2006 with the aim of providing a Search Engine where:
- A user will be able to give a query in one Indian language and
- S/he will be able to access documents available in
a.the language of the query,
- Hindi (if the query language is not Hindi), and
- Results are presented to the user in the language of the query. The results can also be presented in the language in which the information originally resided. The languages involved will be Bengali, Hindi, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu.
System was successfully presented at IJCNLP'08 and subsequently at ELITEX'08
IIT Bombay(Consortium Leader)
- Prof. Pushpak Bhattacharyya
- Prof. Shobha L.
- Prof. Ranjani Parthasarathi
- Dr. Hemant Darbari
- Mr. Karunesh Arora
-Mr. Prasenjit Majumder
- Prof Shikhar Sarma
-Dr. Rakesh Chandra Balabantaray
- Prof. Vasudeva Varma
- Prof. Sudeshna Sarkar
- Prof. Mandar Mitra
- Prof. Sivaji Bandyopadhyay